You are here
McConnell Property in the media: NZ Lawyer Magazine
McConnell Property’s General Manager Nigel Richards was recently featured in NZ Lawyer Magazine Online, offering some helpful tips for the legal sector on how lawyers and developers can work better together for enhanced outcomes:
“It’s time for lawyers to come out of the shadows in commercial property development deals, and get the recognition they deserve as key partners - that’s according to the general manager of McConnell Property, Nigel Richards.”
With 8 simple tips, Nigel outlines how the legal and development sectors could rethink the way they work together, advising clients and creating new opportunities for work flows and investments:
• Rethink pricing structures to get projects across the line
• Are your family trusts investors or developers?
• Connect your clients to development opportunities
• Create the space for offshore investment into local development
• Use simple language to get smart outcomes
• Be realistic about risk, without documenting Armageddon
• Support heads of agreement and help facilitate, not create barriers to
• Adapt to the times and the market – and reap the benefits
For the full article in NZ Lawyer Magazine, click here and if you’d like to speak with one of our team about how we work effectively with legal partners to ensure the best outcomes, get in touch by calling 09 374 3300. You can also connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn.